This game is up-coming, with its release scheduled for Summer 2011.
Game facts Edit
- The game uses Unity3D (browser plugin), no additional download is necessary.
- Developed by keen games in Frankfurt (Germany) and published by Gameforge
- To ensure that a full Star Trek feeling is achieved, Star Trek experts Mike and Denise Okuda are assisting them.
- Lee Sheldon, the experienced game designer, author, producer and script writer of Star Trek TV Shows is writing the storyline and game missions.
- Choose between two playable factions: Join the Federation or become a Klingon.
- The game is set in the Deep Space Nine timeline of late Seasons 3 and after (Dominion War).
- The game will be a free-to-play casual browser game, meaning that there will be no subscription fee and that the game will be playable without payment.
Game features Edit
- Set phasers to fun: The first browser-based Star Trek MMO game is easy to pick up and play. Suitable for quick lunch break assignments as well as long exploration nights.
- It doesn’t cost the galaxy: Free to play! No software costs and no subscription fees required.
- You are in the Captain’s chair: Select your vessel from many authentic Star Trek spaceships, embark on missions and freely explore star sectors. Rise in level, gather special ship equipment or master skills by building up you own crew.
- Fascinating 3D: Stunning technology from the advanced Unity™ federation delivers rich and rewarding 3D graphics to your web browser like never experienced with flash technology.
- Your web browser is the final frontier: No client software installation to wait for, just visit www.startrek-is.com with your web browser and start playing straight away. Mac users can finally compete with PC users or even play in coop-mode.
- Play with your friends: Tackle missions on your own or join up with fellow Captains for cooperative gameplay.
- … or disintegrate them: Visit dedicated player vs player sectors to engage in combat.
- Be part of the future of Star Trek™: Experience brand-new adventures in the Deep Space Nine universe, developed and scripted by Star Trek Veterans.